The tips and tricks behind a cheese platter
- Choose three different types of cheese that differ in taste. The one cheese should be a mild cheese like normal cream cheese or white Gouda, the second cheese should be a medium strong cheese that is either Brie or Cheddar and the third cheese should be a strong cheese such as Gorgonzola, Camembert or Parmesan.
- Choose three types of jams that has a difference in taste. One very sweet jam such as the FruitLips strawberry jam with rose flavour, then a more plain yet tasteful jam like the FruitLips cape black fig jam and then a preserve that can either be the FruitLips watermelon preserve of the traditional green fig preserve.
- The items added to the the cheese platter that brings a little saltiness to the platter should be a different colour than the jams selected above. When using the above jams it would be best to make use of sun dried tomatoes and green olives.
- The ham selection is always a nice to have, but not necessary. Here we would suggest to have one type of country ham and one type of salami.
- Fresh fruit is the final touch to the perfect cheese platter, it bring colour and a fresh feel to the platter. This can be any fruit that is in season, from pears, strawberries, plums or grapes.
Tag us in your next image when making a cheese platter. We love to see how the FruitLips produces are used in a cheese platter.